This is our process for automating assigning owners to contacts and creating deals based on job type.
This is our process for automating SolarQuotes leads into HubSpot.
Step 1: Set Up Email Parser
- Create a Zapier account if you don't already have one: https://zapier.com/
- Log in to your Zapier Account on the Zapier Parser website (you don't need to set up another account, just use your existing Zapier login): https://parser.zapier.com/
- Create a Zapier Parser Mailbox - it will give you a default mailbox email address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
Click into the Mailbox and it should look like below (no emails).
- Note where the SolarQuotes email currently gets sent (does it get sent to you?
email@example.com? firstname.lastname@example.org? You'll need this for later).
- Find a SolarQuotes lead email. Forward the SolarQuotes lead email to your Zapier Parser Mailbox address i.e. email@example.com
SolarQuotes lead email looks like this:
There is a plain text section at the end of the email, we'll use this in Zapier Parser later:
Example of forwarding the email to the Zapier Parser Mailbox:
- The forwarded email will appear in the Parser user interface - refresh the page if you can't see it
An email has appeared in the inbox!
- Now click on 'template' under the email and click on 'Click here' to create a template from the email
- In the Address field edit the Mailbox name to something more descriptive i.e. <yourbusinessname>firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Initial Template section, scroll down to *Plain text details:*.
Remember this from the SolarQuotes email? We'll use the data in this section.
- As you highlight different parts of the text, this name field will pop up:
- Start highlighting the different sections of data.
- Give each highlighted section a descriptive name (lowercase, no spaces or hyphens).
Below is an example of naming a highlighted section of data.
- Below is an example when saved
- Here are the ones to make sure you highlight and name (in order of when they appear in the Plain Text section):
- solarquotesstreetaddress (an important note about this one- highlight the entire address, including street address, state, postcode and country.)
- Now if any other emails like this get sent to the inbox, the template will be remembered and those sections can be used as data in a Zapier Zap. i.e. we could send solarquotesreferencenumber to a HubSpot property.
- These options can be left as-is:
Once everything is highlighted and named, Click Save Address and Template:
Step 2: Set Up Custom SolarQuotes Properties
Before we build our Zap we will need custom properties in HubSpot to write our SolarQuotes data to.
Some properties will already exist in HubSpot like First and Last Name, Email, Phone Number, etc.
But others like SolarQuotes Reference and How many quotes the contact has asked for won't exist yet.
- Create a new Contact Property Group called: SolarQuotes Integration
- Create new Contact Properties in the Group (they can all be single line text properties except for the address and special instructions. Make these two multiple line text properties so that all details are parsed properly as per the parser template):
- SolarQuotes Lead Reference
- SolarQuotes Requested Quotes
- SolarQuotes Timeframe For Purchase
- SolarQuotes Asked For Home Visit
- SolarQuotes Quarterly Bill
- SolarQuotes Price Type
- SolarQuotes Type of Roof
- SolarQuotes How Many Storeys
- SolarQuotes System Size
- SolarQuotes Features
- SolarQuotes Street Address
- SolarQuotes Special Instructions
- SolarQuotes Create Date
Step 3: Set Up a Zap
There are only two required steps in the Zap:
- Trigger: New Email in Email Parser by Zapier
You would enter your specific mailbox name below
- Action: Create or Update Contact in HubSpot
Choose your HubSpot portal
Then start mapping data to relevant fields.
If your new SolarQuotes custom properties aren't appearing, scroll all the way to the bottom of the fields and click 'Refresh fields'
- We can now map the parsed data from Zapier Parser to our HubSpot Properties.
Here's how they map:
Zapier Parser data name HubSpot Contact Property solarquotesleadreference
SolarQuotes Lead Reference
SolarQuotes Requested Quotes
SolarQuotes Timeframe For Purchase
SolarQuotes Asked For Home Visit
SolarQuotes Quarterly Bill
SolarQuotes Price Type
SolarQuotes Type of Roof
SolarQuotes How Many Storeys
SolarQuotes Car Make/Model
SolarQuotes Existing Solar Size
SolarQuotes Have Battery
SolarQuotes EV Installation Type
SolarQuotes Existing Charger Brand
SolarQuotes Distance Between Charger and Switchboard
SolarQuotes System Size
SolarQuotes Street Address
HubSpot default First name property
HubSpot default Last name property
HubSpot default Email property
HubSpot default Phone property
SolarQuotes Special Instructions
SolarQuotes Create Date
- You can also map other fields like Lead Source = SolarQuotes, or any other custom fields you would like to add at this stage via the Zap step.
Step 4: Test the Zap
Turn the Zap on and forward a SolarQuotes lead email to the Mailbox.
You can check the Zap History to see if it worked.
You can also check in HubSpot to see if the contact was created.
Check the contact has all the required data from SolarQuotes in the custom properties you created.
Step 5: Set up email forwarding rules
In Step 1, you should have identified where the SolarQuotes lead email was being sent originally. Most likely to your email or sales@ or info@.
We need to set up a forwarding rule in that email inbox.
If a lead email comes in from SolarQuotes, we want to automatically forward it to our Mailbox (the one you named in Step 1): <yourbusinessname>email@example.com
Step 6: Create a Left-hand sidebar section for SolarQuotes Properties (Optional but Recommended)
Create a new section in the Contact left-hand sidebar for SolarQuotes information.
Add all your SolarQuotes custom properties here.
If you can't add a new section (lower HubSpot tiers) just add these to the existing "About this contact" section.
Step 7: Monitor Zaps and Create Zapier Parser Templates
You will want to monitor the mailbox and zaps for a while. If there are any errors that occur, create more templates in Zapier Parser. The more templates, the smarter the Parser tool gets.
Want To Chat About Automation?
All of this information might seem overwhelming at first, but you don’t need to try to remember how to do it all. Just remember what’s possible. If you would like to explore automation further please reach out!
Learn More About Other Automation Efficiencies
By using HubSpot automation tools, you can create regular email marketing blasts more efficiently and give your lead a better user experience as you...