Email marketing isn't dead!
Email marketing is not dead. We have found that solar dealers have continued to get great open rates and click through rates on email campaigns all throughout the current pandemic. The secret? Content of course.
Let's explore some ways to ensure your email campaign drives leads further down the purchase journey until they convert to a customer.
How To Get Leads To Open Your Email
The subject line is the key to your open rate.
Avoid churning out a subject line that everyone else is doing and make it count.
Best tips for a subject line include:
- Short and simple words, no fluffy words.
- Use one single word.
- Use location personalisation, it sounds specific.
- Specific to purpose, a statement, nothing general.
- Use numbers.
Subject lines people are more likely to open include:
- 5 ways to increase your email marketing open rates
- Google Ads Marketing Tips
- Why Solar Dealers in QLD Use Our Services
- Drive Conversions With Email Marketing
Subject lines people find spammy include:
- Do You Have Some Time To Talk About Digital Marketing
- Hi John, Is It Time We Talked About Your Business
- You Won't Believe What We Found This Solar Dealer Doing
- Hey John, Have You Set Your Goals For September?
Can you see the difference between the two subject examples? People are more likely to open an email if the subject shows there is some kind of value.
People are more likely to open an email if the subject shows there is some kind of value.
How To Get Leads To Click Links In Your Email
You are missing an opportunity if you send out an email that does not link back to your business. There are a number of ways you can link back:
- Direct them to a blog post on your website
- Add a email us now link
- Add a form to get a call back or request a brochure
- Tell them what to do! ie Click "reply" now to ask me any questions
- Lead them to your pricing page on the website.
You are missing an opportunity if you send out an email that does not link back to your business.
How To Come Up With The Right Content
I think we all know by now; promote the right product or service to the right audience.
You wouldn't want to send a battery storage email to a customer who purchased one from you two months ago. That's annoying and the customer expects more from you.
Segmenting your database into different lists will help you strategise what content your email marketing should focus on. You could segment lists based on the following:
- Those leads quoted but not yet a customer
- Customers who have not provided a testimonial yet
- Customers eligible for battery storage upgrades
- Customers eligible for a maintenance and repair call
- Leads not yet quoted but still viewing pages on the website.
Promote the right product or service to the right audience.
Why is Email Marketing So Popular Right Now?
Like most dealers, the search for quality leads is the the goal, but in times of uncertainty people can be skittish. If you already have a database full of neglected leads, or overall your number of monthly leads is down, it makes sense that your would focus on trying to help move existing leads from being a lead to customer.
Even in lockdown states, you can easily:
- Provide wisdom, advice and recommendations on solar solutions
- Be the solar doctor- answer questions, be kind, be supportive, without the pushy sales speak
- Build trust
- Share relevant information on the areas you service
until you are able to service the area again.
Need Help With Your Email Marketing Strategy?
Email marketing is one of the tools we use at XEN Solar to help nurture leads along the buyers journey.
If you are ready to ramp up your email marketing activity please book a call with me and have a chat. Or simply REPLY to this email.
We can help you grow your solar business.
Here are a few blogs that you might also be interested in reading:
In highly competitive industries such as the solar industry, it's absolutely vital that leads be contacted as soon as possible. A lead that hasn't...